Thursday, March 3, 2022

PQ13-5 Rhythm and Repetition


 Thinking about Spring

Gnomes in the Garden  25" x 25"

OMG! How ridiculous  was my effort this week! The theme of Rhythm and Repetition is something that is so ubiquitous in the quilt world that it's an automatic GIVEN that a quilter would intimately know and often use these elements of art. Basically, it left the challenge so wide open, it was hard to lock down into something. My mind floundered from thought to thought until I was a scattered mess. Somehow I got fixated on the 6" gnome block (really cute!) and added some Cricut Cut flowers and mushrooms. All cute elements I think and worth doing something like it again. Maybe the 12" gnome will be in my future. 

 I've been trying to get a big jump on my quilt guild project of a bookcase quilt, so that's been taking my focus. It's a lovely project for the ice storm days we had. I literally did not go outside for a week. I finally did to get my eyes checked. New Glasses are in my future (7-10 days?) but my eyes are getting old, but not old enough yet. LOL Blurry vision is going to be my companion for awhile. Very disappointing. I didn't realize my "eyeballing" the mushrooms ended up not precise. I'll remember to do more measuring next time. 

Another bit of disappointment is that while some of the Cherrywood Challenge will be at the AQA show in Branson in March, my quilt is not in the right collection, so the locals will continue to not know I exist as a quilter. My collection will be in Missouri later at Missouri Star Quilt Co gallery and I'll try to get there during that time. 

My time away from the world is coming to a close. I start back to work on Monday if the weather allows. I don't know exactly what I'll find when I get there. Mostly cleaning I'm sure at first. I dream we have an elevator. LOL 



2 comments:

  1. this is adorable! Good luck with work starting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Somehow missed visiting you from the link party. Your 3 gnomes are SEW cute!

    ReplyDelete