Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Project Quilting 11-5

Give it Away

This in National Quilting Month and so many quilting groups around the country are celebrating the event in many different ways. Quilters, as a whole, are such generous people. My own small guild have groups who focus on Quilts of Valor and My Very Own. Then, of course, we have people who do so many quilts for family and friends, and many sew for Quilt Day boutique, which benefits the guild. I have done a bit for Quilt day, but many of mine got to friends and family. I especially love making baby quilts. BUT...

This week, I am back to work and I am exhausted every night. I knew I couldn't make a bigger project. I've been playing around with making these bags made with the ruler closings. I've made a larger one for the last challenge, but I wanted to try a smaller one. 
 I had this interesting fabric I picked up from Market several years ago with the alarm clocks. I liked the gear fabrics to go with the clocks. I've been holding onto some iron on vinyl coating for some time and I thought it would be a good time to try using that. 
 

I felt like it really didn't adhere to the fabric as well as I thought it would. I applied it with my iron, but I wonder if using a heat press would have been a better choice. I'll try that another time. 
I forgot to put the small triangle of fabric for a pull handle, so I added these decorative buttons instead. One says , "Sun rise" the other says, "sun set". 


Because I've been waking up early, I have been enjoying the sunrise from my home. Every morning it's been a beautiful show, but some more brilliant than others. This one had such soft pinks and a brilliant yellow on a cloudless morning where the colors just blended from one to the next. 

I like giving gifts randomly. In that vein, I gave my little bag to a co-worker. She was funny. Her first comment was, "you're so crafty". She has a great laugh and loves little gifts like this. It's fun to work with her. I am the second youngest person in my shop at 59. It's been a real blessing to work with a variety of older people every day. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, that's a really great bag. I love the fabric! I'm glad that your co-worker liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful bag and sweet surprise for your coworker! Love this! Thanks for joining in the PQ fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet bag--and an absolutely stunning sunrise photo!!

    ReplyDelete